You may have noticed that the High Meadow music building is in need of some major TLC. Music is an integral part of a High Meadow education and we want our music facility to reflect that. We have drawn up plans for a new music building that will replace the current building and we want to share those plans with you.
- The new building will be two stories, 3,128 square feet, built where the current music barn stands.
- The increased area will enable High Meadow to expand our music-related offerings to include three practice rooms, a large rehearsal space, an ensemble practice room, and a music composition and production studio for our students and the surrounding community.
- The production studio will be the only Hudson Valley facility offering children and young adults the opportunity to create and produce original music.
- Movie sound tracks and sound effects can be produced in the production studio and a large movie screen will also be installed.
- A planned music therapy program will be made available for children and adults in the surrounding community on weekends, summers, and after school.
- A drum rehearsal space will provide space for several drum sets.
- Practice rooms will make it possible for several local music teachers to offer classes simultaneously.